Hi. I am in my menopause (45 years old) and I hate the symptoms of it. Hot flashes are my nightmare. Nothing really helps. I heard Tamoxifen is good for hot flashes. Is that true?

Hi. I am not sure Tamoxifen is a drug to treat hot flashes. Tamoxifen blocks the effects of the estrogen hormone, but is commonly used to treat breast cancer, or some other kinds of cancer. It is also used to reduce the risk of developing breast cancer. I suffer from breast cancer and I take Tamoxifen. It has some mean side effects. My periods have become irregular. I feel warmth in my face and neck and sometimes my back hurt. I heard Tamoxifen can be the cause of an early menopause.

No no no! Don't use Tamoxifen. That does cause osteoporosis!! Go on line and check out the side effects for yourself. Please stop using that stuff!