Hello. I'm 39 year old healthy female and I would like to get some more information on one serious disease called basal cell carcinoma.
You see, I have watched many documentaries on TV and read several articles about this carcinoma.
Supposedly, a lot of people develop it every year and no one is speared of it.
I would like to get more information about it from one primary reason –early detection. Some doctor said that if early detected, it can be totally curable.

You are right; Basal cell carcinoma is the most common form of skin cancers and one out of every three new cancers is a skin cancer.
Do the math by your self.
These cancers arise in the basal cells, which are at the bottom of the epidermis. Primary and scientifically proven cause of this cancer is chronic exposure to sunlight.
And that’s why tumor almost every time appears on exposed parts of the body- the face, ears, neck, scalp, shoulders, and back.
It can be very difficult do determine did you developed this carcinoma or some other condition such as psoriasis or eczema. So, there is only one rule- if you notice any change on your skin that looks strange to you- report it to your dermatologist imidiately.

Yes, my dad had basal cell carcinoma. Basal cells are the deepest layer of epidermis. It is diagnosed by biopsy, and if in an early stage the chances of recovery are very good. My dad had one on his cheek, and after surgery everything was just fine. Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of cancer, and usually it is not life threatening. In most cases overexposure to the sun causes this type of cell changes. There are different types of removal, surgical approach, burning, freezing, and radiation. If it is spotted on time cure rate is 95%.