Hi, folks. I am concerned about my friend. She has been using drug called tamoxifen and I am not sure what she is using it for. What are the indications for treating with this drug? I would tell that it is something serious. I hope someone will answer my post. It will really mean a lot to me.

Hi, there. Tamoxifen is the drug that is antagonist for the estrogen receptors. Estrogen is a female sex hormone. This drug is usually used in the treatment for early breast cancer. However, this is not the only indication. Sometimes it is recommended for menopausal women to use it. It is also used for women who fight the infertility. Sometimes it is used for treating a bipolar disorder in psychiatry. Men can use it for gynecomastia (enlarged breasts). In any case, you should talk to your friend to see what is bothering her if you two are close. If you aren’t, then maybe you should wait her to tell you first.