my friend was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4. What are the treatments available now.

My mother is in the same boat. The best thing the doctor told her was chemo with a drug call Gemzar (spelling like it sounds) and that it works extremely well with pancreatic patients without alot of bad side effects. What you pray to happen is for the tumor on the pancreas to shrink so the Whipple can be done. The whipple is the only known cure. Also, her Doc told her to get Omega-3 from GNC. It promotes health and for some odd reason it seems to be "anti-tumor" The best thing to remember is that no one has the right to put an expiration date on a human life. Only God knows that answer. The diagnosis sometimes sounds grim. But as long as there is time, there is hope. (By the way, this Gemzar, doesn't kill White Blood Cells and hair loss is minimal.) My prayers are with you. Feel free to reply with any more questions. I'll be happy to share whatever I've learned. If you know anything different, please let me know. This is all new to me, too.
Tiff

My sister has been diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer and is receiving chemo. She finished her first set of chemo and her
latest cat scan showed her tumor has shrunk. I have her on prayer lists all over the world and i am so sure that the prayers and chemo
are working. What is the whipple treatment? I pray that your mother can beat this horrible disease. Thanks for your input.

my father has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4...docs have given him 6 months without chemo n wit chemo a year but since he has a heart n lung problem he may not stand a chance if he gets jaundice during t chemo...i am extremely scared ...is ther anyway out of this am ready to do anything...pls reply..i love my dad and i want him he is jus 57..pls help...

I am sorry to hear that your Dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Taking chemo such as gemcitabine will not give him jaundice. The jaundice is probably the result of the cancer blocking the bile duct. There is surgical procedure (such as stent) to relieve the jaundice.

According to NCCN guideline, the first line therapy for stage 4 pancreatic cancer is gemcitabine or gemcitabine combination. Gemcitabine combination includes 1) gemcitabine + erlotinib, 2) gemcitabine + 5FU, 3) gemcitabine + capecitiabine and 4) gemcitabine + cisplatin.

As you can see, there are a lot of options for your father. If he fails the 1st line therapy, he can still take capecitabine or 5-FU with eloxatin.

The most important thing is you and your father do not believe he only has a year to live. In clinical trials, we have seen people who lived more than 2 years. In real life, we have also seen a patients who has terminated skin cancer and was told to live for 6 months, but at the end he has lived for 5 years and is still living. (healthreason.com)

Pray to God and believe God will take care of you! :-D

do everything what is needed to be done and leave the rest to the LORD. i've seen cancer patients who are in terminal stage but has lived more than they were expected because they believed. anyway, whatever options your doctor has given to your friend may be the best option for now but i do suggest you to have him/her double check with another doctor for more and better options.

my aunt has recently been hospitalised due to Jaundice. After she was hospitalised, the doctors gave a a full body check-up and suspected that she had Pancreatic Cancer stage IV. she didnt realise it. we did many tests and it has been confirmed that she has it. she is now still in the hopistal, with tubes plugging in her body everywhere and is very ill. she looks very yellow and very tired. she had a surgery to take the tumour out, but failed, due to that it was too big. the doctor cut her stomach the front there from left all the way to right. the hole was VERY big. after the surgery, she thought that it was took out, and was very happy, but when the doctor break the news to her, she was shocked and sad. she still does not know that she has pancreatic cancer stage 4 as my mother daren't tell her, in case she is heart-broken... we had no idea how to break the news to her. we currently are looking for treatment that is best for her, but she is too weak. Doctors estimate that her days are numbered. she is left with 6 months. hopefully there will be a miracle, so can u guys tell me some good treatment to recommend? cos i really can't bear to see her 6 months later... pls help!

If you cancer on stage 4 then confirmed with your doctor and do test . Then take the treatment that is best for any parson . While these treatment you the patient are look so weak . If doctors are estimated with the 6 months for patient then we have to care more . Hopefully there is miracle . Some you have to need a good treatment to recommend .

Hello Friends,
There are many different treatments for stage 4 Cancer. Stage 4 cancers have spread beyond the breast and lymph nodes to other parts of the body. Although surgery and/or radiation may be useful in some situations (see below), they are very unlikely to cure these cancers, so systemic therapy is the main treatment. Depending on many factors, this may consist of hormone therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapies such as trastuzumab (Herceptin) or bevacizumab (Avastin), or some combination of these treatments. In 4th stage of cancer the tumors can be any size. Stage 4 cancer can be very shocking and frightening it is important information for your doctor to know.The lymph nodes or glands are affected and the breast cancer has spread to other regions of the body and there is secondary cancer.

Thanks very much!
James Woods, NY
Health Expert

Yes, cancerous infection is curable if it has been identified in its very first stage. Still not to worry if you try your best at-least you can be relieved for sometime. There is a good wellbeing withdraw in Vancouver Island (Canada)- Fresh Start which supply a Post Cancer Detox to persons with dynamically increasing cancers. Fresh Start is well renowned for of its own kind of natural treatment. The way they heal the persevering is actually astonishing, it would assist you furthermore in retrieving from cancer. You may understand more about their program as well as the way their detox heal the cancerous infection, just visit their website connection : ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and get yourself in to this wellbeing retreat. God bless you:)