I think that the cervical cancer vaccine is currently suggested for preteens. Is that right? My kids are only 4 and 2 years old now, and are certainly not in the age group for the cervical cancer vaccine yet, but I am already doing my research. I am a bit concerned about the side effects of this particular vaccine. What are the facts about this? What side effects can the cervical cancer vaccine cause?

Gardasil is still a very new vaccine, meaning that there has not been extensive opportunity to study the long-term side effects of this vaccine. The immediate side effects of the so called cervical cancer vaccine are similar to the side effects of any other vaccine, like low grade fevers, rashes and such. I wouldn't be too concerned about them. It is the long-term side effects that really bother me. How do you know that this vaccine doesn't cause infertility, for instance?