I have been trying to lose weight and it is happening but still going too slow for my liking. It came to my attention that there are some Indian herbs that can speed up the whole weight loss process and I am thinking of trying jeera. It appeals to me because it can just be added to foods, but are there any side effects?

No, I don't think there are any side effects. I know jeera is a spice used in some dishes, and I do go out for curries a lot so I am sure that I must have eaten jeera before as well. It must be one of those herbs that speeds up the metabolism, and because of that it makes you lose weight faster. I am all for a little help from mother nature!

According to Ayurveda, warm jeera is helpful in strengthening our digestive system, circulatory system .Warm jeera helps to refresh our body and flush out the toxins from the body.Jeera are highly noted for digestive disorders like atonic dyspepsia, diarrhea,biliousness, morning sickness, indigestion, malabsorption syndrome, and flatulent colic..So no side effects of jeera.

Consumption of too much of jeera water or jeera may increase rhumatic pain if you have it. Its a chiller herb. So, consume it in correct levels. Ask your body For levels.