Hi guys

My mom has a problem with obesity. I mean, she doesn’t have a lot of extra pounds but the doctor told her she must lose at least 30 pounds if she wants to live normally and without high blood pressure.

She started to exercise but her belly fat is still there. I told her to buy some good weight loss product and to combine it with exercising. But she is very skeptical about all those artificial products and she told me she will use only some natural products.  I bought her apple cider vinegar but before I give it to her please tell me is there any side effect from using it?

Hello Lillian_50,

It’s a good thing you asked.

Well, as you may know this natural product, vinegar, is a liquid that is made from crushed, fermented apples that are known for providing various nutritions that can help to lower cholesterol, prevent food poisoning, relieve allergies, provide antioxidants, cure acne, strengthen the immune system, promote weight loss and more… However, in spite of these benefits, apple cider vinegar can harm your mom’s health.

You should probably talk to her doctor before you give your mom to use vinegar. Just to make sure it will not conflict with any existing health conditions, diseases or allergies.

Hello there

Mad Hatter’s got a point, Lillian50. Yes, apple cider vinegar can really be healthy for organism in many ways but as most products (both natural and artificial) this also has some side effects.

Some of the most common side effects are:

1. Sore Throat

The strong acid in apple cider vinegar can irritate the throat and cause it to become sore.

2. Decreased Potassium

Consuming apple cider vinegar will lower her body’s natural potassium levels. If she is already taking medications that are designed to lower potassium levels it is better for her not to start with using it.