Hi! I am considering taking up jogging for my health and to build up some muscles. I do have hypertension and I am ever so slightly worried that jogging might have some side effects in this case. What can you tell me about the side effects of jogging with high blood pressure?

I also suffer from very high blood pressure and I have been reading up about it. I have been on medication for high blood pressure for about a month now, and my blood pressure is still not stabilised. I read that sports is really good for people who have high blood pressure. It just works that way. Jogging sounds like a great thing to do! It would be best if you build it up slowly though! If you are not on high blood pressure yet, I think it is time to start as soon as possible! High blood pressure is dangerous if left untreated.