Users comments and reviews on article Side effects of prescription stimulants by SirGan

It looks like you get all your information from a rather narrow subset of sources: groups with an anti-drug agenda.

Your claim that "they [prescription stimulants] also work as blood pressure elevators and well as the stimulants of the heart rate and respiration frequency!" Is typical of the kind of superficiality and over-generalization these extremists engage in. After four months on Adderall and a couple of weeks on Dexedrine, my blood pressure is about 100/40. That's almost dangerously low. I frequently experience orthostatic hypotension.

If someone with your mindset were practicing medicine, he might have prescribed medication for hypertension as a precaution. In my case, this very well could have killed me. Do you see where this kind of shallow understanding of physiology and and pharmacology gets you?

If all of your problems can be solved without drugs, great. Bully for you! But that's just you. Don't you dare go around trying to apply what's right for you to anybody--let alone everybody--else.

Tell you what. I can get along perfectly well without prosthetics. Should I go around telling triple-amputees that they shouldn't have them because I don't need them? Should I knock the white canes out of the hands of blind people because I can get around without one? That would be pretty stupid, wouldn't it? That's exactly how it sounds to someone like me when someone like you starts pontificating about how people like us shouldn't be taking the drugs that allow us to function like normal people.

Please get off your high horse and leave us the hell alone.

It sounds ilke the last person who posted on this was pretty angry about this article but I found some of the information that was posted was pretty helpful only because it's directed at people who abuse the drugs for recrational reasons, not people who take it for legitimate reasons. I think that I have also heard a lot of kids now are taking Ritalin and crushing it and smoking it with marijuana which sounds dangerous. Does anyone know the effects of this?

Upton O'Good exemplifies the example of someone with Long-term effects....hostility and paranoia...

I tend to agree. I didn't really find the article to be accusatory or anything like that. I wonder how many other people percieved the article.