I have been thinking about facial botox for ages now. The fact of the matter is that I am not getting any younger and that a magic method to do away with my wrinkles, of which there are ever more, would be a welcome change in my life. Does facial botox still have any side effects, or is the procedure completely safe now?

You know, Botox injections can be absolutely fantastic if it all goes well. It usually does, and you just have the benefit of looking younger and smoother for about six months, after a few moments of pain. Some people do experience very unpleasant side effects. You're talking less than 10 percent and mostly actually less than three percent, but it happens. Nausea, muscle weakness, droopy eyelids, facial and tooth pain, hypertension... all these have been shown to be side effects of Botox in some people. Not really what you were looking for, of course. Now, these things are unlikely to happen to you, but you still need to face the possibility that it will be YOU and not someone else who experiences side effects.

Actually, I saw Dr. Oz on television about a facial botox. He said that it is a temporary. I think maybe it lasts 6 months. It is very expensive. A doctor charges a patient about 600 dollars (393.131 E) for one injection.

If you are a smoker, then that is the problem. Please give up smoking so that it will reduce your wrinkles! I missed the part of Dr. Oz's TV show. I think he said something about a sunblock cream or a skin cream. I also heard about a laser that would do it, but you have to look up on the Google.

I'd rather grow old gracefully than go through the past two years after receiving Botox for wrinkles, I used to be a vibrant energetic person, now I'm the walking wounded with headaches, crippling acid reflux, tingling down my face, muscle spasms and constant anxiety. I had to take steroids and was given adrenalin to carry in my handbag, this is no quick fix its a slow death sentence. I'm one of the lucky ones I managed to survive, my goal now is to highlight the risks of this deadly toxin. Anyone suffering please go to the Botox support community and consider the costs of this treatment for vanity sake , it's not worth it. You may be skeptical but once you start researching you'll realise how little we are actually told think again before you consider Botox!

If you have the money, go for it.  I love it but it doesn't last very long.  The fillers are better, but they, too, just...go...away.  (Try a healthy diet and lifestyle too!)

I do my own chemical peels.  Mostly TCA but have done glycolic and lactic.  Those are very gentle.  I had to go up in levels very slowly.  It is acid.  It does burn. 

I also tried some lasers to build collagen and I like it.  Doesn't help with any saggy tho.  The botox freezes the areas like 11's between the eyebrows, crowsfeet and the like.  Fillers fill in those areas that have lost their fullness. 

I am considering enhancement of lips with filler.  And maybe just a little botox, again.  I just hate to see it go...