I suffer from a rather high blood pressure and I have heard that some teas can up your blood pressure even more. I am not quite sure what tea it was, but as a matter of fact I am really into drinking green tea. I love it so much that I always have a cup on the go. I want to know now whether green has any side effects if you drink it in large quantities? Should I be worried about my blood pressure or anything else for that matter?

Teas that contain licorice root have a negative effect on your blood pressure, but I can't say and do not believe that green tea has any side effects. If anything, I think that green tea became so popular in the West in recent years, because so many people claim that it is great for your overall health.

I have not heard of any side effects of green tea..its generally very beneficial to health but i know it contains some caffeine which people react to differentlyy..x