Hi! I have hayfever (seasonal allergic rhinitis). Doctor suggested me to use Nasonex steroid sprays. I know that this drug contain corticosteroid. Can you tell me something about side effects with Nasonex steroid sprays?

Hi! The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. It does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect. Some most common side effects are: headache, nasal irritation, nosebleeds (epistaxis), smell and taste disturbances, inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis), extreme allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) allergic reactions such as narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm) or swelling of the lips, throat and tongue (angioedema), nasal burning, nasal ulceration. Side effects similar to those associated with corticosteroids taken by mouth may occur if this medicine is absorbed into the blood stream. This is unlikely unless the medicine is used at high doses for prolonged periods of time.