I started to use hydromorphone hydrochloride few days ago. Off course my doctor recommended me those; I would never take it on my own. My curing therapy contains using of ampoules for parenteral usage. I know I need to use hydromorph, but anyway I am a little bit scared of any medicine. I would like to know if there are some side effects I could expect with hydromorph.

Hydromorph which you use is narcotic analgesic. Its principal therapeutic effect is relief of pain. There is no intrinsic limit to the analgesic effect of hydromorph. Like morphine, adequate doses will relieve even the most severe pain. Clinically, dosage limitations are imposed by the adverse effects. Primarily there are respiratory depression and nausea. Vomiting is also reported, which can result from high doses of hydromorph. Next side effects are drowsiness, changes in mood and mental clouding. Hydromorph also may cause depress of the cough center, produce pinpoint constriction of the pupil, enhance parasympathetic activity, and elevate cerebrospinal fluid pressure.