Hey guys. I am having irregular heartbeats since I was in junior high. I found out this during the physical education because in one moment I started to feel very bad. My teacher was scared so he sent me to our school doctor. That was the day when I was diagnosed with irregular heartbeats. I am using some pills since then but nothing helped me. My friend recently told me that she is using sotalol for irregular heartbeats and that this medicine is the best. I didn’t’ ask my doctor about it yet but I am planning to. Can you tell me is this true? Thank you.

Hello there.

If you are having problems with pills you need to seek for your doctor’s help immediately. You know that you can’t change pills on your own, right?

I don’t know is it the best but it is good. Of course, you need to be aware of some side – effects that this medicine can cause for you. My wife is using it, it is good and helpful, but she is still having some side – effects, such as nausea, diarrhea and headaches.

Basically it is normal and her doctor told her that they can last up to three months. Sometimes even longer. She is feeling much better since she started using sotalol.

Hey two of you.

Do you even know any information about Sotalol? You just can’t say that you think that it is the best just because someone told you. I agree that you need to talk to your doctor about it. Well, sotalol is an antiarrhythmic drug that is used to treat ventricular arrhythmia. Sotalol AF is used to treat atrial fibrillation or even the heart flutter.

It is definitely good but it is not the best. I don’t know when you are talking about sotalol, do you think about ordinary sotalol or sotalol AF because they can’t be a substitute for one another since they are having some differences.

Hello everyone.

Stotalol belongs to the group of drugs known as beta blockers. It is true that they are one of the best beta blockers that you can find on the market. It is prescribed to treat those irregular heartbeats. Well, treatment with this medication is usually long – term and you will need to continue to take the tablets regularly.

Of course that you won’t take it without consulting your doctor. Sotalol, just like some other medications are not suitable for some people with certain conditions so before taking it you need to ask your doctor about it.

Have a nice day.

Hi guys. Thank you very much for sharing those information with me. Like I said in my first post, I am going to visit my doctor definitely in a couple of days. I have heard that sotalol is the best medicine because lately I am having really serious irregular heartbeats. Today I was so scared because it started to beat like crazy. I am not familiar with the side effects of this medicine, I am telling you what I have heard – that this medicine is the best. If my doctor allows me to use it, do you think that this medicine is still the best choice?

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine is using Sotalol as well, Guest, and he is pretty much satisfied with it. I also searched a bit over the internet and I found a video where there's a doctor talking about how good Sotalol is and I have to say that regarding what he said, it is probably one of the best drugs for serious irregular heartbeats, if not the best.

On the other hand, Sotalol is a beta blocker and like all other beta blockers, it has some side effects. The worst side effects of beta blockers are nightmares. A lot of people are complaining about these.

Hi Guest,

Like others have already told you, you shouldn't take any medications before talking to your doctor first.

There are some cases in which you shouldn't take Sotalol and these include if you are pregnant or trying for a baby, if you have diarrhoea, if you have any problems with the way your kidneys work, if you have low blood pressure or poor circulation, if you have asthma or any other breathing difficulties, if you have sugar diabetes, if you have thyroid problems, if you have a skin condition called psoriasis and many, many others. So my advice is to go and talk to your doctor before anything else.

Hey Guest,

I know of some people who don't think Sotalol is any good and they are talking from their own experience so I wouldn't say that it's the best medicine for serious irregular heartbeat out there. Actually, these same people are saying that amiodarone worked better for them than Sotalol. They didn't even have trouble with nightmares after they switched to amiodarone.

You need to consult with your doctor before taking Sotalol or any other medication. Different drugs work differently for different people and your doctor will know best if you are suitable for using Sotalol. Be sure to talk to him first.