Hi, I am 49 years old male and I am suffering from low back pain for last several years. Sometimes that pain is so strong that I can't work things I usually do. When I take some medications against pain I feel better but it doesn't last long. My friend suggested me to try spinal cord stimulation as it helped him. I would like to know more about this method.

Hi, I had problems with low back pain too. I have used many different medications from pills to injections and all that had just temporary effects. My doctor suggested me to try spinal cord stimulation and I accepted as I didn't have to lose anything. I have two weeks period to try this method and I decided to use it. Small wire is surgically implanted under the skin and it receives signal from the unit which is placed out side the body. The signal from this unit blocks the pain and patient feels just pleasant tingling. This method reduces pain from 50 to 70 percents.