Hi, folks. I was in a car accident this morning and thank God i survived. For now, I don't have sever consequences except tingling in my legs. I don't have a loss of sensation or motor activities. I would like to know what my treatment options are for my spinal cord injury.

Hello. The treatment is done in Intensive Care Unit and I believe you are in one right now. The first important thing is to monitor blood pressure and other cardiovascular functions. Ventilation and lung functioning is also very important. Steroids are introduced as a treatment for spinal cord injuries during the 90's. Neurological recover is better with methylprednisolone. Physical therapy is also indicated after recover. You should talk to your doctor about your treatment options. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know how your recovery makes progress.