My brother suffers from spinal cord compression dues to some impingement. He told me that shortly over the phone. He keeps me in a dark about his health. He doesn’t what me to go with him, he just call me occasionally and let me know what is going on. I am very sad because of that and worried. He is only few hours’ drive away from me. Can someone please explain me what does mean “spinal cord compression dues to some impingement”?

Spinal cord compression is generally due to impingement by disk, bone, blood, tumor, infection, and other less common causes which include synovial cysts, extramedullary hematopoiesis, arachnoid cysts, and lipomatosis. I understand your worry about your brother, but I don’t you will find answers here. Pack your bags and go and see him. He is probably trying to protect your feeling with not telling you what is wrong with him.