I have severe pain in spinal cord. It is not caused by injury. I don’t know its cause. What is the best manegment of severe pain in spinal cord? Can I use common pain killers? I heard about problems with passing drugs in csf.

Pain management of this kind of pain can be very difficult. Spinal cord pain is treated with prescription medications like neurotin and nortryptilin. Opioids are also indicated. Sever spinal cord pain is not condition that you should treat without doctor’s diagnosis and advices. You should modify your activities and always include the rest periods.

I droped a cross bow and a broud head went threw my left sideof my neck luckly i caught just it enough where it didnt hit the spine directly although it did severed my external juglar vein. I lost a tremendous amount of blood and damaged my nerves of the neck and shoulder I was in severe pain.Doctors would not beleive that I was hurting they were going to realse me back to work after 6 weeks. After a couple of months I was finally getting Opana ER 40 mg twice a day they were helping a little but the side effects are awful and they didi not last 12 hours. Now I am finally getting Oxycotin 40mg twice a day and expect me to keep my spine and shoulder healthy and strong through therapy when I am hurting, Oxycotin is not a 12 hour medicicne it is more like a 5-7 hour medicine.