Hi, folks. My friend has injured her spinal cord and I must say that she was really lucky. She could stay paralyzed. I would like to know whether it is possible to prevent spinal cord injuries. It would be great to know something like that. Your suggestions are more than welcomed.

Hi, there. Most of spinal cord injuries happen in motor vehicles accidents. That is why driving safely is extremely important. Try to follow all the traffic rules and signs. Don't drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Always fasten your seatbelt. If you practice a sport, where the safety gear. Always warm up before practice. Prevent possible falls. For example, let your walking surface be non-slip. If you have guns, put them on a safe place, especially keep them out of children's reach. Avoid all possible violent situations.

Hi there,
I agree here with you, it is always better to prevent then to treat. Now the spinal cord injuries are very dangerous as you said she could’ve been paralyzed. The prevention is not easy because you really don’t know when you will have to injury. I know that it is important to have healthy bones in order to have a strong body that will be able to pull out from any stress that you put him to. So it is important to have appropriate diet plan which involves a lot a calcium intake, because calcium is good for bones. I hope that his helped you in any possible way.

Best wishes,
Marco