my daughter has abdominal pain. She is 14 and couldn’t finish school this year because of that. Besides tummy pain, she vomits. She really complains on having tummy aches through out the day. friend suggested me, she might be having stomach migrains. Could this be?

Yes, stomach migrains is possible condition. This disease is also called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. My daughter has stomach migrains also. This is very complicated condition and cannot be cured, actually treatment varies. I would advise your daughter to get plenty of rest, sleep and to take medications that would prevent her from vomiting. Despite, when she starts vomiting, it would help her if she stays in bed in dark room. If vomiting is severe, that would mean, she has to go to hospital, because of possible dehydration. So, when recovering from dehydration, she has to drink plenty of liquids. Considering food, she is supposed to move from clear liquids slowly to solid food. \But, best would be first, if she would visit a doctor, if she didn’t yet.