Hi, I have been diagnosed with migrains recently, my doctor prescribed me Midrin to help my headaches. I'm happy to say that it did the trick, headaches aren’t as strong as they used to be and generally speaking I'm feeling better. I was wondering what’s the difference between a “normal” headache and a migraine, as I understood that isn’t the same, my condition has improved after taking Midrin does it mean that I'm cured?

Migrains are somewhat different than normal headaches. Normal headaches are the consequence of blood vessel constriction in of the arteries and veins surrounding the brain and multiple factors can cause “plain” headaches. Migrains are caused by change in the level of a neurotransmitter called serotonin. If the level of serotonin in your brain falls the blood vessels in the brain dilate applying pressure on the nervous tissue surrounding the vessels. A headache is just one of many symptoms of a migraine. It is a complex disease with many different symptoms that vary from case to case. You seem to have a light form of migraine and it is good that you went to your doctor and asked for treatment, you should stick to his or hers instructions, try to avoid possible causes of migraine attacks especially ones in the food you take. Migrains cannot be cured completely, instead they can be controlled with success, with proper behavior you can do a lot to prevent or to minimize the effect of migraine attacks. For any further instructions you should talk to your physician.