Hi, folks. My friend has bulimia. She has been suffering for several months and she has finally decided to seek for medical help. She is hospitalized and she is getting there all the help she needs. I would like to know what effects bulimia has on the stomach. Does anyone know?

Hello. Bulimia can have effect on the stomach. Constipation and diarrhea are also possible. I wouldn’t know to say to you more details. I had a friend with bulimia. She vomited. Besides that, she had constipation. At the end, she went to seek for medical help. Person alone cannot deal with this disease. I hope I have helped. Bye!

Hallo,
The good thing is that she is getting a treatment for this condition. Bulimia is problematic and it can cause binges on food and or you might have episodes where you overeat. It is easy to lose control when it comes to food and bulimia. Now considering the effects on stomach, vomiting might be her main concern. Vomiting many times will put her in a position where her stomach acid will come to esophagus and can permanently damage that area. There are also constipation and dehydration. Onset of hemorrhoids and swelling in the throat. She can also notice problems with her dental cavities and problems with pancreas. I hope this helped you a bit.