What can be cause for repeated vomiting in children? If it is the only symptom, what is the disorder? I’m almost completely sure that it wasn’t caused by certain food, and guess that it would not be that prolonged. He is 6 years old, and feels well except this. He vomited 5 times since yesterday afternoon.

I guess that it is stomach flu caused by virus. It causes diarrhoea too, so you should check it. Take care about him not to get dehydration because of losing fluids by vomiting and diarrhoea. Dehydration is associated to dry mouth and skin, rapid breathing and no urination for 8 or more hours. Gastroenteritis usually doesn’t last long, and is more disruptive than dangerous. This happened several times to both my kids. Call your health provider if it gets more serious.

I am having a similar problem with my daughter except that this has been going on since she was 6 months old. She is now 7 and will be fine for a few days to a couple of months then she is vomiting again. I have had her tested over and over again with no results. I doubt it is the flu unless there is something wrong with her immune system for her to get so sick so often.