I have a 1 1/2 year old female rednose pit. She has not had much of an appetite at all, loosing weight and stomach is bloated. And has no energy. Any advice preferably from a trained Vet would be appreciated

Hi! I am NOT a vet, BUT I have a LOT of dogs! And I will tell you to take her right into the vet! The reason why I came ont his link is your header! I first thought "twisted Bowel" My Great Pyrenees died of this - and I didn't know about it! Also this is the season for Parvo and this is VERY common in Pitbulls she needs to get checked out ASAP! I am VERY serious about this OK? Google Parvo symtpoms in dogs! Please let me know how she makes out! Fingers crossed!

Hi I have been thinking about Dixie and wanted to know if you have had her checked and how she is doing?

Your dog is suffering ! ! ! !

I hope you have taken her to a vet by now. o.O

hey there I am not a trained vet (yet) but i have worked with them for the past 9 years.... i doesnt sound much like parvo a twisted gut is possible but your dog would not have made it till now if that was the case. i am leaning more towards parasitic infections such as round worms have you taken your dog to a vet yet. if so you should get a fecal done almost all dogs aquire wormes from their mothers milk when they are born....

good luck and keep us posted 8)

hi i have a rednose pit to with the same syntoms she's 10yrs old and has gone from a 35kg to 21kg in a matter of 6-8 mths

she eats but some time straight after or even a day later her stomach bloats and even vomits her food straight away at time it  seems she has problems digesting the food i noticed when she has these syntoms her breathing also changes as if she has something stuck in her throat or more to say stuck in her passage way of the food digestion

i have been observing her lately and noticed she hasnt vomited in a few days but still has the syntoms of something stuck in either her throat or her passage way along with the bloating of her stomach

the other day after my dog had eaten a while after she had not vomited but had a bloated stomach and i heard a noise in her stomach now each time there was a grumbling noise i noticed thats when her breathing changes as if she trying to breath or get something out while doing this a noticed her stomach moves in and out a bit not much

if any one has any answeres or suggestion on what this could be please reply im in desperate need i have spend 1000's even had test sent to US and still i have no answeres with whats  wrong with my dog ive been told serveral things by the veter 

i checked out on google common pit diseaes based on her syntoms and came across something called bloat

***gastric disorders also have a slightly higher than average chance to plague Pitbulls. Bloat is a serious problem that is relatively common to most large breed very active dogs including American Pitbull Terriers. Bloat can happen if a dog becomes to active after eating. The stomach can swell and twist during post dinner over activity The twisted stomach cuts off the dogs ability to expel gas by belching or vomiting. Bloat can be fatalgastric disorders also have a slightly higher than average chance to plague Pitbulls. Bloat is a serious problem that is relatively common to most large breed very active dogs including American Pitbull Terriers. Bloat can happen if a dog becomes to active after eating. The stomach can swell and twist during post dinner over activity The twisted stomach cuts off the dogs ability to expel gas by belching or vomiting. Bloat can be fatal

u can also use Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate You can give it every 8 hours. The average dose is 1ml per pound of body weight, and that is the TOTAL dose for the day. So, if a pet weighs 30 pounds, they would get a total of 30ml a day or 10ml every 8 hours. This is dosing for regular strength Pepto-Bismol. If you use maximum strength liquid, give half as much. Also pedialyte and smashed a aspirin and give ur pet with pedialyte and consult a vet asap