My daughter, 14 yrs old, has been having abdomen pain off & on; & about every 2-3 wks experiences indigestion, vomits yellow bile, & then has diahrea either during the vomiting or shortly after. Dr has been treating her for some time of reflux & has done several tests (blood work, endoscopy, upper gi w/ sm bowel follow thru, HPylori test) nothing shows up. I can not associate it with anything that she's eating; nor does it really seem like reflux. It occurs 6-8 hrs after she eats, never has heart burn.
I've been all over the internet trying to find something, anything. The only thing I can determine is it appears to happen in between her menstrual cycles....

Hi there! I can’t help you with the diagnose as I am no doctor but someone who has reflux and I also think that your daughter doesn’t have reflux because her symptoms are so different from what I have and I know that doesn’t have to mean anything but still I wanted to share my experience.

In reflux, a person doesn’t experience diarrhea-that is for sure. When I vomit, I don’t vomit any bile but food. After my meals, I get the pain behind the breast bone, like 30 minutes after eating and it lasts for quite some time. And one of the most common is symptoms is heartburn that your daughter doesn’t have at all.

I also heard that some people experience stomach pain, or that their teeth dim from the HCL.

I am very sorry that she is so young and that she has to go through this. I hope she gets better soon!

Dr. Tipu Sultan would be able to help find the cause, he is an environmental wellness physician and a great detective.

He looks at a patients history from birth and will do telephone consults. ***

He saved my life and it is a common statement heard in his office.

Where people come to get well.

Sandra Lowe

My daughter is 8 and she has been experiencing the same symptoms since she was 6. Our pediatrion is also stumped in this case. Please let me know if you and your doctor figure anything out.

Thanks so much
Melissa Skinner

_[removed]_

My daughter is 8 and is experiencing the same problems. This has been going on for about a year. She is ill with vomiting and diarrhea 2-3 times per month and it does not seem to be associated with food or drinks. Bad stomach cramps, very very pale, and cold sweats. The pediatrician thought it may be a bug going around school, but I don't see how when it keeps coming back over and over. If anyone finds an answer to this, please let me know.

My daughter is 6 years old and is experiencing some of the same symptoms as all of yours. She is being treated by her pediatrician for reflux disease. My daughter experiences nausea in the mornings that usually stops around 9 or 10am on its own. She vomits with abdominal pain every 2-3 weeks as well. Her vomit smells like either rotten eggs or feces and is brown then yellow in color, as is her diahrrea, which is occasional as well. She does not have acid reflux symptoms. I would like to get together with some of you other parents to discuss possible similarities in our children. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail you want to do the same.

I have a nine year old with similar symptoms. In the last 2 1/2 weeks she has vomited bile twice. It too is grainy and smells like bowels. She does not have diarrhea but has a constipation problem since birth. I am taking her to the pediatrician this morning. I will let you know if anything new comes around and keep you posted. Are any of you scared that this could be something terrible or am I over reacting???

These symptoms show that the children may be suffering from abdominal migrain. I had had exactly the same symptoms since I was 6, and the doctors were puzzled. When I was 14 I had my first attack of proper migraine. The bile vomiting stopped all together when I was 25.

Well I'm 14 and has had reflux since I was 2. Now I'm having all these other problems like the ones youve mentioned I hope some out there knOws the answer because it would make my life a little easier :) I'm sure it the same to a lot of people.

Hi have had the same problem with my 9 year old 4 two years have had enough and its taking its toll keep getting told same thing reflux but I know its not :(

Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome - I have a 4 year old that vomits over a few days and then quits for 3 weeks and then starts again for a few days. Starts in middle of the night sometimes. Other times no symptoms until I drop her off at daycare. Then I get a call around 8am to 9am that she is vomitting. SHe had peloric Stenosis as a baby and they operated on her to allow food to pass into her stomach. I am wondering if any others who have this had any conditions at birth were they were operated on..

My 7 year old son has been experiencing the same thing for over 3 years now. He started vomiting yellow bile in the morning for a few hours then will get better until the next morning. After a few weeks, these symptoms repeat. We have had him in the er several times. We have been told it was a 10 day virus...haha, more like a 3 year if that's the case! We have also been told he may have celiac disease, so we went down the gluten free diet, no use there. When he was younger we were told he may have acid reflux disease and he was put on a daily antacid. Like the rest of you, we are growing tiresome of the unknown and unresolved. I noticed most of these post date back many years but if any of you have a correct diagnosis I would love to hear it, my son would love to know as he is currently home sick. Vomiting yellow bile, diarrhea, and abdominal pain, but no fever. Thank you in advance for any replys:)

My daughter is 22 months an is having the same symptoms

Hi, I have a 6 year old son, who has been vomiting bile every 2 to 3 weeks for the last 18 months. He normally gets abdominal pains before he goes to bed then it progresses to vomiting the next morning. This lasts for 2 days. We have had him in ER 6 times, also eagerly awaiting Gastroenterologist appointment next month. He symptoms include abdominal pain, pale skin and vomiting yellow green fluid, no fever. The Paediatrician is stumped, but is treating him for constipation. He has had 5 x-rays with 3 of them showing faecal impaction. However, since introducing osmolax (laxative Paed sugggested), my son is a poo factory and recent x-rays show no constipation, but he still is suffering from vomiting episodes. I was so relieved to read everyone's posts, that there are similar stories to my sons. Any feedback would be great! Thanks everone. : )