just wondering if anyone can help me out.....
recently i have been having big problems while running..... i run just over 2.5 km and my stomach starts screaming at me and i get massive pain all across my stomach and when i try and run through it i can hardlt move becase the pain is so bad. it becoming a regular problem and i have a triathlon race in 2 weeks, and might be struggling to finish the race!

if anyone has any advise or information, can u please let me know.... i'm really desperate!

thanks very much

sorry, by the way, forgot to mention that haven't eaten before or anything

If your pain is 'side stitches' type cramps what works for me is singing out loud. Really sing hard. This forces the diaphram to move up and down which will get rid of the pain. I had heard the reason we get these pains is because of holding the diaphram unnaturally still while running, when it really needs to cadence up and down. Good luck.

Kadee

I think I have the same thing and it's not a "side stitch" have you always been a runner and this problem is new although it happens every time you run? I can't figure mine out and it's really bothering me.

Are you constipated???? I have known that to cause issues with people also!

I am also having the same problem. I have been running for a really long time but only recently started to get stomach pains after about 2km of running. I can't carry on at all afterwards! For me, It's just a build up of gas. A trip to the toilet does it! But I am on the lookout for how to prevent this from happening as I also go to the toilet before hand but it doesnt help.