I love

"Cross country is your sports PUNISHMENT!"

So true, yeye, so true. 8)

I saw a bumper sticker with that on it and I wish I had that back in High School when I was running cross country.

"The polite term for those afraid to run distance is SPRINTERS!"
Sadly, I am in track and not allowed to quit. So after I finish to 800's and 1600's I get to auctually run. Nobody joins me, though. I think they're afraid to try. Either that or they know I'll kick their butt when it comes to endurance. I'm the only runner on the track team. Even the coaches don't run.

How can you be the only runner on the track team??

There are runners and then there are runners.
There are those that are just out to get a letter. These are the ones that finish a race and go sit down and joke around with friends. Then there are those that are out for the love of running. They are the ones that you will see finishing up a race and then going for another 2-3 mile run. After the run, then they will joke around with friends, but probably while standing.
I think that what youngrunner is saying is everybody else is just out for the letter. They don't really care about running. She is the only one that really cares about it.

I like the sprinters one! Life is short, running makes it seem longer. I ran and ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, and then I ran some more. Pain is weakness leaving the body. (one of my favorite shirts) I'm with the bomb squad. If you see me running, try to keep up. For the ultra runners: "If you start to feel good during an ultra, dont' worry you will get over it." - Gene Thibeault "Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving." - Maurice Greene (attributed to Roger Bannister shortly after running the first sub-4 mile)

Just found this one. :) "There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike So true. And this one: Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed. ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts Ok. This site has some great ones: http://www.quotegarden.com/running.html

Ok. THis is my last one for a while. I am only posting this because LC and Gretreiver will get a kick out of it. "There are actually people who cheat at race walks; they enter a race walk, then run to win. You know you've given up in life when you cheat at a race walk. You've decided that you're so pathetic the only way you can win is by cheating against people who aren't even competing." Michael Logsdon

Yeah, what I'm saying is I'm the only one really devoted to running. Others are just there to be with their friends. If one person quits, then usally others in that group of friends quit. When I tell people that off season I run 20+ miles a week for the fun of it and am working hard on increasing my mileage, they are shocked. They think it's crazy.
Oh, and a few people run because they like it, but I've talked to them and they've never considered off season running.

I have a shirt that says RUN TILL YOU PUKE! Appropriate for me on occassion.

On racing...

"If it feels good, don't do it."

One of my favorites: If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise. ~P.Z. Pearce Others: That Which Does Not Kill You.. Makes You Stronger.. Nietzche "The quality of your fuel determines the quality of your body." Why Couldn t Phippides have Died Here? Marathon Great..Bill Rodgers at the 18 mile mark "Enjoy your pain, you've earned it." - Anonymous "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it." -Michael Johnson's trainer "Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead." - Anonymous "The only way to define your limits is by going beyond them." - Anonymous "Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years that they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance is merely the demonstration of their championship character." - T. Alan Armstrong "Don t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." - Tom Fleming "It is true that speed kills. In distance running, it kills anyone who does not have it." - Brooks Johnson "More sweat in training, less blood in battle" - sign over a PT field at Ft. Benning, GA "Some running is good, more is better, and too much is just enough." - Anonymous "No doubt a brain and some shoes are essential for marathon success, although if it comes down to a choice, pick the shoes. More people finish marathons with no brains than with no shoes." - Don Kardong "It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason One more: Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

Good 1.

WINSTON CHRUCHILL SAID, SUCCESS IS NEVER FINAL.

Distance Chicks do it long hard and in the woods...

Sprinting is sex Distance is love

Distance girls do it longer

Fast girls have good times

then theres thenot so sick ones...

The only negative thing about me are my splits

We run faster then your mascara

People ask me why i run so fast, what do you do when you hear a gun?