I know there's some of us who can run through any pain/hurt/discomfort.

I'd like to know what makes running more pleasant/pleasurable for you?

I know that my good running shoes is the one thing that keeps me going out time after time. Knowing that my knees/hips won't hurt due to poor shoes (which I have used-- ) makes me happy to lace up. I'm almost reverent about my running shoes.

Good running clothes are icing on the cake for me--it's shoes that keep me happy running.

Is there a piece of equipment that motivates you or keeps you happy?

A Cattle Prod....a 50,000 volt cattle prod...
The one MW chases me with to keep me running... :umno:
Did I mention it was a 50,000 volt cattle prod.. :(
Quite a motivator...heh heh heh *sob* *sniff*.....

I resemble that one. For me, it's my MP3 player. Can't run without it. Batteries died last week during mile 1. Went 3+ miles just listening to early morning traffic and the sound of my own breathing. Awful experience - hated every minute of it. LOVE my tunes.

The challenge, the future races, the next level. Oh ,and keeping about 45 lbs off the frame...

Beer Races! (and if it isn't a beer race, I have one as soon as I get home)

Improving and getting faster
races for sure
the challenges
my HRM

a number 24810

The distance in miles around the world at the equator.
I am 16000 miles into it right now....

Don't forget that one run out of every ten where it all comes together, and you run like a machine. That's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

I like pain.

And I'm competitive as heck, always wanting to be better than other runners.

I like to buy the goodies that is for sure. I am a gear junkie. If I am into something I have to have the accessories. You wouldn't believe the stuff I have accumulated...

But what really keeps me running is the desire to be the best I can be. I really want to know what my limit is, how far can I go with this running thing. Can I win? can I recover from this last injury? :x I am also very competitive and running is a good outlet for that.

:1:
Must.have.tunes.
For me it's the sound of my breathing, the contant chink chink chink of the zipper on my vest, my pounding of the pavement...repetetive noise noise noise noise.

Having a goal. I much prefer the training over the actual race. Maybe it's because no one keeps score in training, and it's not that motivating to be #9910 out of 10,000. :D

To prove to myself that I can go faster and farther than I did the previous week.

And I'm starting to look good wearing running tights.

I guess I run because I can. A bonus is that it's good for the children to see that I am doing something good for me, esp. since I do my fair share of bad-for-me things.

I have an obsession with collecting trophies.