Okay so I'm a high school female student running in Fairfax, VA. I turn 16 in September and When I got my required physical they told me I had heart murmurs, I thought oh well. But now whenever I'm on a run(On my runs I go like Steve Prefontaine) and I take them really hard but like 10 or 14 minutes into my only 5 mile run today My Right side of My Chest(upper) had a stabbing pain, But it's only when I'm running and like 2-3 minutes after I stop that it KILLS me(basically feels that bad) and It's really affecting my Training for the season and My Coach and I have very high expectations for my first XC seaason(Did cheerleading my freshman XC season) and I want to know what's wrong so I can fix it as soon as possible. Another thing to, I keep getting Stabbing pains in my left and right side when I'm running and I looked it up and for my left side it said it was stitches and the best thing to do was to belly breath to prevent it and STOP if came up, and any distance runner knows it's horrible to stop during a run. So I just hold my side when it hurts(but it messes up my form so it slows me down, doesn't make me happy.) I also try the whole 'Belly Breathe' thing but it's hard to do when your running and you end up looking like I'm pregnant, When I run with my boyfriend. .not atracktive to stick out your stomach. The pain has basically been on every run! and it feels like someone is trying to stick a knife in my sides. It kills, Please Help if you know anything it'd be VERY helpful. : )

I can't comment about chest pains, that sounds more serious and I think you should talk to your doctor about that. Avoid gulping drinks before you run because it will give you awful stomach cramps. If I drink more than a sip of water before I start practice i get aches in my belly and its really hard to concentrate. ....hope i could help you