So what's your pet peeve while running? For me, I have two: (1) while doing speedwork it's having to move around people who decide to walk in the inside lane of the track. There has been more than one occasion when I accidentally hit someone on the side with my arm while trying to pass him/her. (2) while on the trails, it's irresponsible and inconsiderate dog owners who let their untrained pet go wandaring around and barking at and chasing other users on the trail.

I've given up on track etiquette. I don't even here runners talk about it anymore. When doing speedwork I just observe who is on the track, which lanes and then move around them. It does hamper a true speed a tad, but not enough to really make a difference in my case.

Sometimes I find the treadmills are better for speedwork than the track.

Irresponsible dog owners are a pain, trail or road. I had to fend off a dog Sunday afternoon while running the roads as he tried to bite me.

My speedwork is done at 5:30 in the a.m. on the local track and traffic isn't a problem.

My peeves are more internal than external. Mine have more to do with back stiffness and side cramps than people and their inconsiderateness.

I do get aggravated with drivers that refuse to move over event he slightest bit when I am running on the road, more for saftey reasons, but that is rare.

I can't stress this enough: Share the f***ing path!!! If you're walking two abreast, and I'm coming towards you, you go single file....to your right!!! It's just like driving!!! Would you drive like that?!? Unfortunately, in my city, yes they would.

people who mis place themselves in long races. Like the walkers who stand in the middle of a large field with 6-7 minute milers. They almost get trampled like the running of the bulls every time.

OK, I do have one. In the Peachtree Road Race... the women who walk 5 abreast. This is true in the Race for the Cure also.

When people walking along trails don't move over for you so you don't fall into the bushes :?

That's to be expected at such a large race though. It doesn't really bother me.

Unleashed dogs and road hogs as most have said here.

They'll move over if they think you are going to run them over. And I've nearly run them over before they moved but they do get the message.

1) When I do use the treads at the gym, the people who are on them for an hour and a half walking. There is a track in the gym, and while on the second floor, there are two elevators. The track is not runner friendly if you're keeping track of distance - there are no signs to show the distances. I figured it is 13 1/3 laps to the mile. :o 2) Snot rocketers and spitters who do not make the attempt or effort to clear the path.

Or up that to 4 abreast where I run. Seriously. Are you sweeping for a missing person or just out for a stroll? If its the latter, could you spare an inch or two so I could get past?

This is a stupid one, but it never fails:

When out running/walking in our neighborhood, there are no cars ever until we want to cross an intersection. Then, that one car wants to turn into the intersection we're crossing.

When running it was a pain.