Hi everyone,

kind of worried here so it'd be great to get some input ..

i had sex with my bf 14th dec, and took plan b postinor 2, 2 pills in 24 hours with a 12 hour interval about 44 hours after. Got my period about a day or 2 early on the 24th dec, and it lasted about 2 days longer than usual, and ended on the 28th , faded altogether on the 29th dec. It was somewhat heavier than usual, but this could have been due to the fact that i was very tired. I was active again on the 30th, but very briefly, and i mean extremely,( penetration was only about 5 seconds? )
On the 7th of jan i experienced some light pink discharge which was rather thick, and on the 8th i put on a pad to be safe, and found some dark brown discharge on it. 9th jan, there was some white/yellowish discharge. 10th jan there was some thick, slightly milky discharge when i wiped ( it was stretchy) ( sorry tmi. just worried )
my period is usually pretty regular, about a 28 day cycle, and i usually get spotting 2 or 3 days before my period, so i'm not sure what to think. does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Also, i had cramps for a few minutes on the 8th night, and pelvic pain on the 9th night for a few minutes, as well as slight pain on the left side on the 8th night.

Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Hate to tell you honey, but this might be signs of pregnancy - as in implantation bleeding! The white stretchy sounds like ovulation, but the brown discharge sounds like implantation bleeding - where the conceived embryo, burrows into the lining of the uterus - causing spotting or bron discharge! Can I ask why you aren't having protected sex? since you have already used plan b - which you cannot use for contraception, it is supposed to be for accidents only!

i know, it was a stupid stupid mistake and we've sworn off sex until marriage. but unfortunately that doesn't change things now :-(

is it possible to get implantation bleeding so soon after my period and before ovulation???
it's not possible that plan b just messed up my period and it's old blood clearing or that it's ovulation bleeding?

You took plan b a long time ago! So that is a mute point! What happens is this, sperm can live for upto 4 days in the fallopian tubes and an egg can live 5 - 6 days, so you can have spotting from anytime from the 1st day till about the 10th day after unprotected sex! So even though white mucus usually means ovulation - it can also be part of the implantaion bleeding, just as brown discharge CAN be part of ovulation! What concerns me is that the spotting would be about right - with your dates, and not so right about ovulation - depending on if your periods are regular or not - which means your ovulation dates are also off! So unfortunately you wont be able to tell till your period is due! You usually have to wait close to 21 days after ovulation for the HCG levels to be high enough to detect in a HPT! So I will keep my fingers crossed for you! And please let me know how you make out OK?

and now there's just thick white discharge, which is pretty normal for me every month :/

the whole of last evening for about 4 or 5 hours my right side had a dull achy pain kind of like cramps, it started to appear the entire lower right pelvic area, and ended with just the front lower pelvic area, sort of like menstrual cramps. does this mean anything?

thanks so much for the information guys :-)

That could be ovulation - lets hope so! usually you ovulate about 10 days after he end of your period! So this is IFFY! Pregnancy symptoms are VERY similar to PMS! And Conception is VERY similar to ovulation! So thus the thousands of women every month - around the world - that look like this o.O So unfortunately we can't do anything till we find out IF you are pregnant or NOT! So please let me know when you find out OK? Keeping in mind that you should check as close to 21 days after ovulation/conception as possible! As the HCG levels need to be high enough to detect! Good luck and health!

hi,
my period is 5 days overdue, and the past 2 days i just started having a light brown, then dark brown discharge, but i just took a clear blue pt, and got a clear negative.

if my period isn't here within 3 days then i'll test again,

is it completely impossible that plan b messed up my hormones?

They can mess up your hormones but not usually this long after! What you need to know is the mechanisms of having a period! I think you ARE having your period right now, it's just wonky! Most of the time you can be as regular as possible and then WHAM, your period can be weird, there are many reasons for it, 1. just a wonky period 2. stress/worry 3. illness 4. weight gain/loss, 5 exercise! It is hard to pinpoint what this is! When you are spotting brown this is OLD blood - which makes sense right!? So usually you start off with brown old blood, turns red, then goes back to brown. Sometimes the "shedding" takes a long time - usually from the reasons above! So try and relax - the GOOD thing is that you are negative on your test! So you ARENT pregnant!!! XD So relax, take a REALLY warm bath, and just think of this as a weird month! The brown spotting should stop soon - or even take a bit longer to shed the old lining of your uterus! Keep me updated OK honey? Good luck!

hi!
my period just came last night and it's really heavy!
thanks so much for your concern and advice! :-D
and lesson learnt, no more premartial intercourse!!!

You're welcome honey! Just know that anytime you have unprotected sex it is Russian Roulette! Good Luck!

hello,

I had my last period on 30th june 2012 and had an un protected sex on the 5th of july 2012 and had the EC pill on the 6th of july 2012 (the very next day).

On 13th to 15th i experienced a medium flow reddish brownish discharge. My normal periods according to the last one (30th june 2012) were supposed to be due on 28th july 2012, but its 31st of july now and still haven't gotten them .... am I pregnant????

Also that now i'm having lots of clear strecthy discharge aswell

From the dates I really don't think so! The thick whitish discharge will be ovulation - it sounds like you had a wonky period! 2 periods in one month! This happens a LOT to women - always catching them off guard - also with the EC pill this MIGHT have messed things up a bit - but I doubt it! It sounds like on the 13th you had a mini period, then now are experiencing ovulation - as that would be dead on with the date of it! You might get a period soon - again - or it will show up on the 13th! So just be prepapred! Also know this - the morning after pill has a HIGH success rate! BUT this is not 100% sure either OK? Since you don't want to get pregnant, then DON'T! MAKE your partner wear a condom - have him ejaculate into the condom after he has pulled out! And NEVER have unprotected sex even for a second - as he will say things like "Oh I'm dry so there isn't any sperm" He can't see them or feel them, so doesn't have a clue! I'm NOT a fan of chemicals and if you can get away from that as much as possible all the better for you! Good luck - hope this helps!

Thank you sooo much.... well fingers crossed for 13th then.... :)

btw.... should i take a pregnancy test before 13th or just wait for them?

Just wait! I want you to relax - because if you don't your brain can actually be talked into the fact that you believe you are pregnant - it's called Hysterical Pregnancy (even men can get this) - so relax tell yourself you are NOT pregnant and your period should come on soon! Let me know how you make ouot OK? Good luck hon!

Yeah i guess I should relax or else well end up being a paranoid... Thank you so much for these comforting words, really needed them. Thank you so very much. :)