PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE BEEN ON OPIATES FOR A YEAR AND XANAX FOE 11 YEARS. TUES NIGHT I TOOK MY LAST OPIATE. WED MORNING I WAS IN FULL BLOWN W/D. CURLED UP IN A BALL, I WENT TO A DR THAT GAVE ME SUBOXONE HALF IN AFTERNOON. AND HE TOLD ME TO TAKE THE OTHER HALF LATER. WEEL I TOOK IT AT 10 LAST NIGHT AND I FELT HORRIBLE!! I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS ON XANAX AND HE TOLD ME HE RATHER ME NOT TAKE IT. BUT I THINK I AM GETTING W/D FROM NOT TAKING XANAX. I CALLED HIM AND HE TOLD ME AGAIN HE RATHER ME NOT TAKE IT BUT IF I HAD TO ONLY TAKE .25MG. I ALWAYS TOOK AT LEAST 1MG AT NIGHT. SO HOW BAD IS IT TO TAKE WITH XANAX AND WHY I AM I GETTING SUCH ANXIETY??? I DO HAVE PANIC DISORDER IS IT ALL IN MY MIND ?? I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING CRAZY!!! I NEED TO TAKE THE XANAX BECAUSE THESE PILLS ARE GIVING ME PANIC ATTACKS!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I CANT SLEEP I HAVENT EATEN IN 2 DAYS. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE TAKING XANAX WITH SUBOXONE?

yes some say not to.....but i do it and its fine i think

Hi, angie916. You're going to love this. I started taking Suboxone in February 2007, because my doc thought it a better alternative than methadone (which I had been on after my recent back surgery). The id**t prescribes me 16 mg per day for one month, then says I'll be fine. Which was total c**p. After about the fourth or fifth day off Suboxone, I began experiencing severe withdrawals, could barely breathe, could not sleep, cold sweats, etc. (like the heroin people describe!). Well, after trying to wean myself off several times, unsuccessfully, I went to a different doctor as I had moved to a new area of town, went to this new doctor and guess what he prescribes. Give up? Xanax! 4 mg per day!! Frankly, it did help me tremendously but I've heard nothing but bad things about it and that it could potentially be lethal.

I checked myself into detox 05/20/09, took my last dose of Suboxone Thursday (06/18/09) and feel pretty bad. Thank god for the Xanax!! However, I will very carefully wean myself from the Xanax once the worst of the withdrawals are done. Soon I hope!!

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

thats how I got off suboxone...with xanax. .5mg 4 to 5 times a day for 5 days. I did great until I got sick and the hospital gave me the suboxone again! I wish I didn't take it I was free and clear from both. Now I have to start all over and spend 4 or 5 days sleeping it off with xanax. Don't have that kind of time to spend in bed again. You will need someone to watch over you for that time and make sure you eat!!! That's how I got sick I didn't really eat too tired didn't care. Didn't think it would cause such a problem. Get a friend and a doctor for the .5mg of xanax and go to bed. It works!!!!!

My friend, age 57, started Subutex 5 years ago and also takes a low daily dose of Xanax.  His condition has deteriorated markedly from a high functioning very intelligent person before his Oxycontin addiction to almost an invalid.  He has no energy and sleeps much of the time.  The TV is on 24/7 and he smokes heavily.  He is severely delusional and won't leave his house as he believes his house is broken into daily.  He believes there are many people living under his house.  He sees constant symbols on articles with hidden threatening meanings that no one else can detect. He sees faces in the the sidewalk. He needs constant help with shopping, etc. His house is a disaster and his appearance is one of a homeless person.  He sometimes goes for long periods of time without bathing or shaving.  His clothes are filthy.  His testosterone levels are dangerously low which has serious affects for males.  His hearing has been affected.  Yet the doctors continue to prescribe these dangerous drugs.  His property taxes are unpaid and his cars are many months overdue being registered.  If this trend continues I fear his imminent death.  The police have been called numerous times with suggested social services referral.  Drastic personality changes to showing signs of violence with possession of guns.  This is alarming.  Patricia Johnson, RN. 

hey bud i feel your pain. this is what i think is going on. I use to be an addict to taking suboxone and xanax everyday. then i suddenly stopped taking xanax but kept taking suboxone and i had the worst panic attacks and i felt really really horrible. my suggestion is the reason when you take suboxone without any benzo suboxone is known to make peopl ekind of hyper and tweek a little. I think i read that suboxone and xanax hit the same receptors in your brain, something like that. So i noticed since i wasnt taking xanax anymore but had suboxone i took low doses of suboxone and it made me not feel the withdrawl from xanax asmuch. Or if you want it to go away, and get your brain relaxed take 4 to 6 mgs or hell even 8 mgs of suboxone and take a bar of xanax along with that, butno more and dont ovewr do it. people are dieing everyday mixing those drugs together. I hope this made sense but when u dont have xanax but you ve got suboxone take as little of suboxone as possible or it will enhance your chemicals in your brain because you dont have alazopram along mixing with the bupe(sub). I honestly think in youir situation you need to take atleast close to 2mgs of xanax with your suboxone so you can get rid of that psychotic brain killing headace. Ive been there man and its horrible. Do that and slowly wean yourself down to .25mgs. Its really hard to say how long its going to take but for me it took 4 or 5 montrhs before i could feel normal taking suboxone alone. I understand what your doctor is saying but if we put him in our shoes he would do what i just suggested. i hope that makes sense and answers your question.

May I ask what the name of this Dr's office is? Only because I am going to see one in Harriman, Tennessee. And they prescribe both Suboxone and Xanax or Clozapam

I have been without xanax for five weeks and just took a large dose. Any ideas why I haven't felt nothin? It has been 1 1/2 hours sine I took them

I'm actually at the hospital right now for the exact same thing. I've had anxiety all my life, but just started having more severe panic/anxiety attacks once I started taking the suboxone. I'm not sure if they give me a benzodiazepine if I should take it or not. Really need something to stop my anxiety, Just had to leave work because of this. I feel your pain, hope we can figure something out.

I do too, I never had a problem

I'm looking to find a doctor in Delaware to prescribe both, any ideas

I have been on zanax for years my doctor wants me to stop zanax and start taking suboxone but I stopped taking zanax 6 months ago and had a seizer & a stroke I'm terrified will it be ok