Hi, I was taking xanax one year, but recently my doctor told me that I’m pregnant and he suggested me to stop taking xanax. However, since I stopped taking xanax my anxiety attacks came back, so I’m wondering is there any way I can continue with xanax?

Hello, I’ll be direct with this question, you MUST NOT take xanax while you’re pregnant. Taking it during pregnancy dramatically increase risk of your baby heaving respiratory problems. There is also risk of muscular weakness to your child. Xanax can appear in your milk, so it’s also not suggested to take it during breastfeeding. However if xanax is essential to your health you should consult your doctor of stopping breastfeeding until your treatment with this drug is over .The fact that you where taking xanax before you find out that you are pregnant, also means risk to your baby so you should consult your doctor ASAP. There is a drug called effexor which you can take, but it’s not 100% risk free, so the best suggestion is to see your doctor and ask him.