1 mth ago I had a lp shunt put in I was in the hosp for 5 das w/ over drainage headaches that has stopped. I came home stayed mostly in bed for 1 moew week and went back to school. That day I came home and my back was welled like a grapefruit. It had a lot of pressure but a little headache nothing even worth saying about the headache. My NS said that the swelling is leakage from the shunt placement and it will resolve itself. I have not read or heard of this ever has anyone ever had this. Its been 1 mth and still happening even being in bed for a week it doesn't go away. I helped my headaches now I am the hunchback? Can anyone let me know if they know anything. Thank you so much. Just scared. :'(

Hey. Just happened to come across your message and I actually suffered from what you seem to be suffering from. I had an LP shunt fitted (my second one) and my back swelled up like an egg and I was also told it was due to leakage from the shunt placement. I was told to place a pressure bandage on it every morning before i got up and take it off once i had lied down to go to sleep. I had to do this for a week to 2 weeks. On top of the pressure bandage i wore a medical corset type thing throughout the day. Having done all this the swelling stopped and it went back to normal its self. It worked for me so maybe it might work for you.