Hi, I am 17 years old. I have been doing weightlifting for 1 month now. For the first 2.5 weeks everything was normal, however for a week and half when I start my first set of lifting I get a headache which lasts about 5 minutes. This has been consistent for a week a half now. Once again, yesterday I got the headache but it lasted the whole time while I was training but I forced myself to continue. I have been drinking lots of water so dehydration is not a problem. Does anyone know what is causing this, is it serious?
Any advice will be highly appreciated cheers.

I have been doing relatively light weight training for several years with no headaches, but I recently began training with a personal trainer and doing some very intense shoulder work. I have been getting horrific headaches during my workouts and they tend to linger with reduced intensity for many hours afterward. I have the same concerns you have but no anwers yet.

Everytime I increase the pounds my back, chest, and shoulders workouts I get migraine type heachaches that last for days. I think the muscles are so tight it is causing a tension headache. I don't do OTC meds and my heating pad hasn't seemed to help. I just deal with it. Once I am used to that particular poundage about 2 weeks or so the headaches stop.

Yes, that's most likely the cause. Too heavy weights can cause headaches, and also a high blood pressure.

This has also happened to my friend recently. And he had some problems with it. It is good that i found this thread. I can give him some answers on this. I think it would help him a lot.
Do you have any more advises on this? I see that this has been posted long time ago, and would really like an update on how are you now doing? Do you still have headaches?