Hello! Last three weeks have been really hard at work, and I would sleep only a few hours, other time I would spend working. At about the same time I started suffering from these awful headaches. Most pain I have been feeling at the back of the skull. I was wondering if these headaches are only caused by my stress and hard work or should I be looking for another, underlying cause? Thx for the info

I suppose that your headaches are triggered by stress and tension. This is how they are called-tension headaches. They represent severe muscle contractions triggered by stress or exertion. I would experience these from time to time. I would make my husband massage my neck and shoulder as I have been told that tension headaches can arise from tension in that area. Besides getting the massage I would usually take an aspirin or ibuprofen to make the pain go away.

I've had Severe headaches for the past 10 yrs. the thought at first that they were migraines but, after the first 2 years the med. they had me on quit working and I developed a new kind of headache. These can be from my shoulders through to the top of my skull, wrap around usually one side of head and eye and go down through my sinus's. The only two things that have seemed to help somewhat is massage, and a chiropratic adjustment, but even after those sometimes I still have pain for 2-3 days afterword. I think they might be Severe Tension headaches-I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any presc. that specifically trailered to Tension headaches or what I could try for them? I have tried all the over the counter pain killers and none work.