I had cervical cancer several four years ago. I have been taking Depo Provera for 2+ years. Shots have always been on time, etc.

My period tends to be irregular. So, the fact that I have not yet gotten my period this month, only worries me slightly. However, I was sexually active earlier this month. Yesterday, I took an at home pregnancy test to be sure that I am not pregnant. By the end of the day, I had taken three tests and all three said that I am pregnant.

But, I understand that abnormal growth on the female reproductive system can release HCG, which is the chemical measured by at home pregnancy tests.

Could it be that my cervical cancer has returned, and this explains the presence of HCG.

I called my doctor and was told, in essence, that three pregnancy tests don't lie. My response to that is: Yes, there is HCG in my urine. But, how do I know the cause of this HCG? Actual pregnancy or recurrence of abnormal growth?

Please advise.

Thank you

anonymous wrote:

I apologize for the typo. This sentence should read as follows:

I had cervical cancer four years ago. I have been taking Depo Provera for 2+ years. Shots have always been on time, etc.

Thank you