My uncle is on Percocet for reducing pain (what else) and I keep telling him to be aware of that drug, as sometimes he takes larger doses and I can’t explain to him what bad effects he may experience if he gets stuck with this drug. So, I was thinking if somebody can confirm my story, so that I can show my uncle in writing, make him realize that he should go easy on them.

Yes, you are 100 % right about percocet. It is highly addictive. This addiction develops without the individual realizing it until it begins to control their life. When an individual exceeds the dosage prescribed or seeks to obtain Percocet after the time prescribed by their physician, they should be aware of the possibility that they have developed a Percocet addiction. If the patient tries to stop or reduce the dose, he may experience severe withdrawal effects such feeling as though you have the flu, gastrointestinal distress, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, muscle pain, fevers, sweating and runny nose and eyes. These withdrawal symptoms usually occur 6 to 8 hours after the lsat pill.

TELL YOUR GRANDRATER TO TALK TO HIS DOCTOR AND GET OFF pILLS.
I HAVE BEEN ON PERCOECET FOR SIX MONTHS AND IT
HAS BEEM UNBELIEVABLY PAINFUL TO GET OFF. I WOULD ON LY WISH THIS PAIN ON A TERRORORIST! rEALZINIG WHAT IT ID DOING TO MY MIND I WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE TO GO TTHROUGH THIS.

TWO WEEK OF UTTER PURE HELL ON EARTH. JESUS CHRIST AH BEEN MY ONYL HELP/ "IN MY WEAKNEESS HE IS MADE STRONG"

I WEANED DOWN FROM 12- 5 MILLIGRAMS A DAY TO 1- FIVE A DAY AND AM SCHEDULED TO STOP ALL TODY!! iT HAS BEEN TWO WEEK OF MISERY, BUY I KNOW THINKG MORE CLEARLY AND MY KIDS WILL GET MOMMY BACK.

If your uncle is on the meds for pain one thing , i am for pain for over 4 years now and i am sorry i ever started on them but you will do any thing to get rid or well help with the pain but now still in pain and trying to get off them , it is hard , i would tell anyone never start taking percocet as the side affects getting off (cutting down) are hard

I have to get off them but still in severe pain ,tell hom not to keep taking them ask his doctor for some thing else , i feel for him

wow i have been just sitting here reading what every body has to say about these pills (percocet) and it is really opening my eyes to the very real possibility of becoming addicted. I was in a car accident just last week and was perscribed percicets for pain. well when i first took them it made me feel so good i just kept on popping them almost like a recreation and can feel a since of dependency already.

To be honest, I had no idea that so many people have had to go through this. I want to stop taking percocets, seriously, my pain is bad (back), and I go to Pain Management. The Dr. gives me the prescriptions, so it seems ok, but I know it is addictive. How should I go about stopping or tapering off. I take 10/325 strength.

I've been on Endocet (10mg/325) for over 5 years. Never took them 24/7 as instructed for sciatic pain but only during the 8 hours over 5 days of work where standing was (is) instigating the pain. I've taken up to 6 of these within a 6 hour period and they now only make me sleepy. I have no problem at all with not taking them now since my system is so used to it. Dependency is and always will be on a individual basis! Not everyone taking is or will be hooked. If your doctor prescribes Percocet for your condition, you must take it only as or less then recommended until your body reacts to it---either negatively or positively, and go from there. The whole point of any med is to relieve a pain, not to enhance your attitude or mood. This is abuse. The side effects should not control your usage, only your level of pain or relief of it!

If I were you I would taper off of them and start taking something else. This drug is unbelievably addictive!!! About a month ago I had a cracked rib and was prescribed Percocet (5/325), the high was absolutely great. I went through the bottle quickly and got my MD to give me another script. I went through that bottle (10/325) in about a week. Called him again and told him that I had accidentally threw away the written script he had given me the previous week. I was literally becoming addicted and fast. I went through the last bottle and said, "NO MORE!" - I knew I had to stop. It was as if daily life couldn't be dealt with without the pill.

Definitely taper off, going cold turkey is hell. Stopping abruptly is what I did and the withdrawl symptoms were horrible. Extreme insomnia, anxiety, sweating, going from hot to cold in a matter of seconds..... it almost makes you feel like you're losing your mind.

Just some thoughts,

Lorrie

I have been taking percocet for 5 weeks (foot surgery). I was also precribed oxycotin and supplemented the percocet with it occasionally. I stopped taking everything two days ago and I'm having extremely painful withdrawls! I just want to know how long the withdrawls last???? I abuse of the drug I did was maybe going about a week longer than I should have. I was taking very low dosages too. Still, the pain is almost unbearable. Any info...

hello all ive been reading your quote because ive been having severe percocet withdrawals.I have many surgeries for an on goin cancer condition and recently got hooked. i want to thank you all for your info and sharing your stories, i stopped cold turkey for 3 days and it was hell!!!! after reading the quotes here i decided to tell i clinic and they prescibed me ativan,its an anxiety drug and helped greatly!!! so if i can pass this info to any one i would feel as though i sent my gratitude to all who have helped me .thanks again i am starting to feel much better.

Can anyone tell how long the withdrawl symtoms last?

hi i am 29 years old and i have 4 children i am married .i have been on endocet 5mg-325.mgs. plus im on paxil for depression .at 1 every four hours an di have been on them for 4 weeks ...i was put on them for my sholder ...no its better and i can t seem to want to stop is this possable am i now addicted ...i tried to stay off of them for one day and i turned into a wolf .my kids hate me and my husband thinks that im going crazy ..so i got back on them just to caaalm me down and it worked so now i cant get off of it with out going crazy is there a salution ..please help

I hear you. I have 3 kids, and was prescribed percocet 5/325 for back pain. i also take paxil. My dad died this summer, my husband lost his job, and i have virtually NO help with the kids. I stared to find that every now and again i wld take it as a mood enhancer/stress reliever, and yeah, it wld take the edge off, but yeah, i'm sensing potential addiction. i never take more than one in a day, but still......try to cut down.

I had no idea that this could happen (addiction). I'm an intelligent businesswoman who was described percocet after dental surgery. It is so easy to get addicted. After I healed from the dental surgery I just couldn't stop. I would go to different doctors (doctor-shopping) and feed them lies to get the medicine. I would even get a friend who has cancer get me prescriptions in her name which ended up to be so easy because her doctor would give them to her no problem-he'd just call the prescription into the drugstore whenever she called him-she didn't even have to come into his office. I would always say 'just one more (tablet)...just one more...' but there would always be more. Once my doctor gave me a prescription for only 10 percocet (I think he was getting wise to me) but forgot to also write out the word 'ten'...I rushed out the office so happy-because it was SO easy to just write an extra '0' on it and change it to 100. I went to the pharmacy right at closing time because I figured the pharmacists would be so rushed to close up and go home they wouldn't look at it too closely or take the time to try to call my doctor and ask any questions and that's exactly what happened-he filled it no problem. Where I'm from (Bermuda) percocets actually come in bottles of 100 from the manufacturer so he didn't think anything of it...instead of having to empty out the required amount into the bottles they give you at the drugstore, he was able to just stick the label straight on the original bottle. My heart was racing but he didn't even blink-it was so easy and I was so gleeful when I got away with it. I'm trying to get off them but I don't even know where to start...I'm starting to run low and I'm already thinking of how to get my next supply.

I am 39, & have had an implanted pain pump with Morphine in it since 2000. I decided to start stepping down the morphine dose from 20mg/day & got to .0825mg/day & decided to have it shut off. 4 days later I started sneezing, had severe restlessness, anxiety, & extremely unbearable body aches. I felt like crying, screaming, & kicking my legs all of the time. I had old Percocet from 4+ years earlier & started taking them in quarter/halves to help with the withdrawal. When I went to my pain management office they also gave me Clonidine (for sleep & withdrawal) & Phenegran (for nausea) & gave me 120 Endocets (generic Percocet) for 2 weeks at 8 a day. I told them then that I was worried about becoming addicted & they said there is a difference between addiction & dependency & told me not to worry. Within 2 & 1/2 weeks I needed more and they prescribed me another 60 pills. 2 weeks later I went in & they said I was taking about 5 a day & prescribed me 150 for 31 days. Nearly a month & a half later after tapering down to just slivers or quarters a day, I've run out & my doctor simply refuses to prescribe any pain medication for pain or withdrawal, & I've been miserable!!! Yesterday at my appointment I decided to turn my implanted Morphine pain pump on again because my quality of life is gone. This process takes several days & still my doctor wouldn't prescribe me some type of pain medication until they can fill my pump. I feel angry, they got me dependent, cut me off, & I don't see the point of them not prescribing me 5 pain pills until my pain pump is dosing Morphine again, as I'll still be dependent. Doctors know we become dependent on medications, & I find it wrong and plain cruel to cut somebody who is not abusing medications nor has for 8+ years. My doctor's office didn't even bother to call me to explain so I had to wait a week to get in to my previously scheduled appt., and it made me feel like they didn't care or that I had done something wrong. I've had withdrawal symptoms for nearly 3 months & wish I had never tried turning my implanted pain pump off! At least with the Morphine through the pain pump you don't feel the drugs, & it controls the pain with the occassional help of oral pain medications.