Okay, I'm usually a very cautious person, borderline prudish, on almost all occasions, but I did have sex. Yes we used a condom, but towards the end it fell off and he came inside me. I was on my period, approximately my third day, as I had started the 6th of April, and this happened on the 8th of April [April 6: day one, April 7: day two, April 8: day three] between the time of 11 am and 1 pm [time when the deed was done]. Later that night, at about 8:45 pm I took Plan B, the contraceptive[the two pill version where you take one pill then take the second 12 hours after]. After that I had specifically moderate brown discharge for the remaining four to five days of my period. Now it's May 11th, and according to my cycle I should start today, but I haven't. And I'm terrified.

Is it normal for plan b like this to make your period late?

My periods are usually extremely uniform, three days of bleeding, then two to three days of brown discharge. Always arriving on time, or early.

I'm so afraid. I'm supposedly extremely mature for my age, I'm pro-choice, and would hopefully more than likely be able to get a judicial bypass if an abortion is needed, but I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Hi Guin,

Plan B can, and often does, make your period early or late, and also heavier or lighter than normal.  These are COMMON side effects and no cause for concern.

It would be unlikely for you to get pregnant after using Plan B and you probably didn't need it anyways.  It is unlikely that you'd get pregnant having sex on the third day of your period. 

You normally wouldn't ovulate until between days 11-16 of your cycle.  Sperm can live up to about 5 days.  So, the timing doesn't work.

You can test if you'd like.

Hang in there.  It can take a few cycles for your period to return to "normal."

Good luck.

You my dear, just made me feel so much better. Not going to lie when I say that I'm still terrified, and that I'm not going to stop freaking out, but you did ease my mind slightly.

Glad to help.

I really don't think you need to worry.

I'm just extremely paranoid.

Now the 12th and no period. This is not helping my nerves.