I have been taking Topamax (100 Mg daily) since July 2008 and find they have totally relieved migraines and I have not required any rescue medication at all. I have not lost much weight but have experienced mild to moderate abdominal pain but thought it was directly inked to drinking tap water not Topamax and found some relief by drinking only bottled water, now I have missed 2 consecutive periods(ruled out pregnancy with both urine and blood testing)could these symptoms be related to Topamax. I found very little information expressly written about menstrual abnormalities. I don’t want to stop Topamax since I have secured such relief from the intense Migraines.

i have been taking it for about a year and have only missed my period one month, last. i told my doctor and he seemed puzzled. the topamax has not cured my headaches but i am happy for you. though i always seem hungry right after i eat and i believe it to be the medicine but im not sure!

I have been on it in the past for years and it helps for many things. I have been taking it now for 2 months and have lost almost 15 pounds. I started at 146. I don't need to lose too much more. There are a lot of side effects, though it helps with head aches, bulimia, and other things. I put up with it though I don't like it at all.