Hello there! I just entered a menopausal period and I was wondering if anybody used topomax for menopausal migraines! Did you have any positive affect??? All replies are welcome! Thank you!

Hello! Topomax is actually used in order to prevent migraines. This medicine is taken daily to keep migraines from happening, and yet can reduce the need for pain killers in case of the acute migraine. If you are experiencing often migraines you should first talk to your health care provider cos every person with migraine is different and therefore needs different treatment. The only way to get this drug is through a prescription! I haven’t used it cos I don’t have such problems but my best friend did, and she says topomax helped her in having fewer migraines!!!

I was put on Topamax for PTSD and weighed 1110 after one week I weighed 97 and was having seizures as a result of this drug and nearly died. Be careful with this medicine have watched 20/20 on this medicine it has killed a few people be very careful.

I use topamax daily as a mood stabilizer.  It's an anti seizure drug but has been found to be helpful for many other problems.  I find it hard to believe that the poster had seizures on the the drug.  Maybe they weren't taking it according to the doctor's instructions???  Also it is an appetite suppresant.  It was just approved by the FDA as a diet drug for weight loss in combo with another drug.  So if the poster gained weight on topamax it was because of another reason.  You must take it according to prescrition and never go off the drug without consulting your physician:-)