I feel like I already know this answer to this, but I'd like to make sure. I am currently taking Aviane birth control pills. (I take them for for pretty much every reason- contraception, regulate menstration, lessen period symptoms, trying to clear up skin, etc.) There are 3 weeks of orange 'active' pills and a week of light green 'reminder' pills. Anyway, my question is - Do I have to take the green ones? If I take all the orange ones regularly, and start the next pack of pills on schedule, the green ones don't matter, right?

ps. I looove this place, so easy to ask questions without feeling embarrrased and everyone here is so helpful =)

Thats correct, you can skip the green ones and continue on the orange ones which will skip your period. Its just probably not the best idea to do it too reguarly :-)

I am on lo/ovral and the 4th week of pills are reminder pills. Usually for that week I just don't take them at all, and then start the new pack the following Sunday on schedule. Is it ok to completely skip these pills during the period week since they are just reminder pills?