Hi, my name is Amanda and I am concerned because I do not know what to do. I have been on birth control for about 2 months now and my pack consist of 21 orange pills and 7 white pills (for my period). Today, June 9, I was supposed to take my last white pill for the month but I was not paying attention and somehow took the first orange pill of the next packet. Because of this I am worried and do not know what to do. Should I continue taking the active orange pills or do I take a white pill tomorrow? Please help!

you can just skip the white pills and not get your period for this month, and keep going with the orange pills, just keep going next month and take the white ones.

You should keep taking the orange active pills. It is okay to shorten you 'white week'.

It's okay that you skipped your last white pill because it is just an "inactive pill", "reminder pill" or "sugar pill" anyway. There are no hormones in them...hence the reason you bleed this week. They just exist so you stay in the habit of taking the pill every day. You can stop worrying and continue with your orange "active" pills. :O)