Hi, I have a question for you guys. I've been on Yaz for about three months now (for PMDD and heavy periods), and have had milder cramps, yet still week long periods. However, this month has been quite different. I had cramps about a week before my period usually starts and light blood flow with a thick brown mucous-like substance. Then, after a week of that, I had sudden heavy flow which soaked through about two tampons in eight hours, and is now still fairly heavy but slowing down. I'm a bit concerned, and would welcome any advice! Thanks!

Hi Jewelia: Even though Yaz is a VERY good BCP for heavy periods and pain, each woman and pill is different! Due to the fact that you HAVE seen an improvement with your flow, it might just take a bit longer for your hormones to get out of this cycle! Anytime you are on BCP and have intermittant bleeding it is advisable to get a check up with your doctor! It is best just to make sure that you are on the RIGHT pill and have your blood work checked to see that your hormones are starting to level out! Good luck and health honey!