I would like to know what the difference between the birth control pill Yaz and Yazmine are. I am about to change to Yazmine because it's cheaper but I noticed that Yazmine is a 21 active pill count and Yaz is a 24 active pill count. Other than that they both have the same mg and main ingredient. I have been using Yaz for 8months now and I love it because my periods are regular and shorter. My cramping is close to none and I have not gained a significant amount of weight. I would stay on it if it wasn't so expensive. I have no insurance and I'm self pay. I'm leary about starting Yazmine. Please let me know.

Yasmin has 21 active pills and 7 inactive, which means you will be taking the hormones in those active pills for 3 weeks, then off for a week.
YAZ has the same hormones- but you take it for 24 days and then take 4 days off to menstruate.

basically, with yaz you are on your period for a week and with yazmin you are only on it for 4 days.