My mother is diagnosed as continuing depression that interferes with daily functioning. We’ve noticed this disorder when changes in appetite, changes in sleep habits, and difficult concentrating occurs. We visited doctor he recommended her to use Effexor. As I know each drug must have some side effects I am afraid because I don’t know what I should expect with Effexor. That’s why I need to know more about this drug.

The most important fact to know about Effexor is that fatal reactions can occur when is used in combination with other drugs. Those dangerous drugs for combining with Effexor are known as MAO inhibitors, and Nardil and Parnate. If she used any of those drugs, doctor must be reported, but I believe he checked that before he prescribed her Effexor. Side effects cannot be anticipated with this drug, and if any develop tell the doctor. He is the only person that can determine if it is safe for her to continue taking Effexor. Some of common side effects may include abnormal dreams, anxiety, appetite loss, dizziness, diarrhea etc. Then dry mouth, frequent urination, flushing, gas, headaches, muscle tension, rash, sleepiness, tremor and vomiting are also more common side effects of Effexor. Less common side effects are abnormal taste and thinking, chest pain, confusion, depression, dilated pupils and high blood pressure. There were also reported a wide variety of very rare symptoms possibly related to Effexor. If she develops any new or unusual problems, let her doctor know about it.