Hi there i have unbelievable pain in one place in my back, the pain specialist after 10 years of not being taken seriously, told me they would inject into the thoracic facet joint to determine the pain, it feels like nerve pain to me and always has, the weird thing is , is that its either in my back (which spreads to my neck and arm ) but i think its coming from one point, so i either have unbelievable pain in my t5-t6 or i can barly stand on my feet? my feet get so over sensitive and burn up like a kettle boiling up.... the doc said i had CRPS and that they would discuss spinal cord stimulation too for my feet. He seemed to fully understand me and i was relieved.
BUT when it came to the injection he said he thought it was myofascial pain.. yes there are knots and yes i know its also muscle pain but i dont think thats the underlying pain... i feel relief if someone diggs there elbow and nips the nerve ending.
The day of the injections, my feet where flared up not my back and the pain has always been one or the other... the first injection seemed to give me relief straight away although it was difficult to say if that was exactly the point.. it fired it up then helped almost instant, then the 2nd injection was unbearable (am i nuts to think that the more painful this part, that maybe they are actually getting the main cause ???) then the 3rd injection was sore but not as easy as the first but a lot less painful than the 2nd...
i felt sick but not too bad the next day....
but since and for 10 days now....... really sick, blurred vision, totally exhausted , i just fall asleep all day and night, my vision is a bit blurred and an unbelievable headache, the headache is getting easier......
the pain in my back has been flared since and is driving me mad again ....awwwwwwwwww
im bloated i mean i look pregnant and im hungry all the time, belly rumbling,,,,, but the sickness is terrible, i have to lie down and then of course i fall asleep...
im confused and want this to work but it doesnt feel like it is!!!!
this is all due to being hit in the middle of a zebra crossing 10 years ago, not being xrayed at a&e and then finding out my leg was broke 2 years later, ive had 4 operations on my knee and am going in for a femoral osteotomy to straighten my leg so when i have a knee replacement it will be more successful... maybe this is a contribution to the back pain but that feels like one nerve that is either in my back or feet?
because im now 37 i also warrant no help after this operation and so am left with no support or help from the goverment so im gonna be stuck with little help and my family are all in belfast......
i would so appreciate knowing what anyone else thinks .....
im in the uk.
thanks

I had 7 trigger point injections several years ago for a diagnosis of myofascial syndrome. The were painless. The only thing I noticed after having them (all done at the same time) was that certain parts of my neck and shoulders were numb like my mouth is when the dentist gives you a shot. This only lasted several hours and then the normal pain returned nothing more severe.
It concerns me that you are feeling all of this after your injections. Are you alergic to the medication used? I think it would be wise to call the doctor and ask why you reacted this way to the injections. It just doesn't sound right to me.
Have you been checked for neuropothy? MS? Fibroymalgia?
The test are numerous, expensive and some intrusive but it is helping ( I hope) to diagnose my pain, similiar to yours, that I have dealt with for almost 8 yrs.
Hope I've helped.