What would be side effect of alcohol injections with morton neuroma?

Side effect would be damage (killing) of nearby nerves. Injecting with alcohol or formaldehyde ahs side effects similar to surgical removal and injections have long lasting, effective pain relief.

i STARTED THE TREATMENT AND DID NOT WORK CAUSED MORE DAMAGE TO MY FOOT WHERE I ENDED UP HAVING SURGERY WITH AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE THESE SHOTS DID TO MY FOOT NOW SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE - WOULD NOT CONSIDER THESE SHOTS FOR ANYONE AND DON'T THINK A PODIATRIST SHOULD BE USING THESE UNLESS THEY ARE FDA APROVED YET - NOT YET I CHECKED INTO IT THESE ARE JUST STUDIES AND I FEEL THEY ARE USING PEOPLE AS GUINEA PIGS TO SEE IF THEY IN FACT DO WORK - THEY DO NOT WORK END OF STORY I WENT THRU 10 WEEKS OF POST-SURGICAL HEALING BECAUSE THE DAMAGE THESE SHOTS DO.

I had sclerosing therapy for seven months, two shots at a time. My foot burns all the time. I has neuroma surgery but the bruning on my foor doesn't stop. Anyone find a cure for this? I believe it was due to the sclerosing, but the podiatrist I am seeing now will not comment.
Thanks,
dme

Had 5 rounds of alcohol slerosing shots in both feet and now have severe painful side effects that have affected every activity in my life.  Had to take an early retirement on disability.  Doctor never informed me these were experimental shots.  Do NOT recommend these shots to anyone.  If you talk to doctors other than a poditrist they will tell you that anyone is crazy who injects alcohol into soft tissue.  I now know why!

If you try them just do one foot at a time so you will have better evidence for your pending malpractice lawsuit.

Gene

I am having the injection today, and I want to know if my foot is going to hurt after the injection.  The stuff I have read about it seems to indicate it will not hurt tomorrow, in most cases. 

OK, I am on my 4th shot. Pain is going. YES foot, actually toes will be numb. THATS the idea. So goodbye to Mortons Neuroma. I have a Orthapedic Surgeon doing my shots. THEY ARE NOT Experimental. THEY are used now because they work. I am 63 and have M.S. I hope I don't have a problem in future. I am sure you can't sue for malpractice. After all, you signed the papers in the Dr. office!

I am very relieved to hear these shots worked for you. I just started the series last week. I have some calf pain and am unsure if this is a side effect. Checking with my doctor today about it.
Good luck!

Just note that they are NOT supposed to give you more than 7 shots. I have no pain now and am going to stop after my 5th shot next week. Sure it's numb where the Mortons Neuroma is or was, but that's a heck of lot better than not being able to walk. Good luck to you.

I just had this shot 10 days ago for my Mortons Neuroma. My foot already feels better. I have occasional slight burning sensation but this is nothing compare the pain I was having. I actually wore a higher heel (small wedge) out the other night. There is hope for me yet! Have my second shot in 4 days, not looking forward to that. This shot quite painful compare to the Cortisone shots that did work anyway.

Yeah, take it easy though. If you overdue the pain tends to come back a tad, but nothing like it was. Glad you are having some luck with it. My 5th shot is tomorrow, don't know if I will go any further. It's Doctor's decision. Yeah, that burning will come and go, but again, I could not walk it was so bad, so anythings better than that.

What were your post-surgical complications exactly?  It seems surgery fixed these problems.  What were these problems exactly?  THANKS.

Think twice about it. I have had the alcohol treatment in both feet. 9 $500.00 injections in my right foot and 12 $500.00 injections in my left foot. The end result is hammer toe in both feet. my right foot is managable and slightly painfull, but my left foot is still very painfull and I have hammer toe in two toes and can barely wear a shoe. the injections shrunk the tendents also! when I asked the DR about the hammer toe he smirked and said what came first the chicken or the egg? I'm now questioning if there is a malpractice case

The same thing happened to me. I have to have surgery and waiting for a date. I was told the ligaments were overstretched. The shots caused my toes lose strength, fall into my larger toe, and completely flattened my arch causing all kind of issues and pain.

What is the status of law suit? Do you want others for proof?

C. Asher

I had the shots too. My pain from the nueroma did not go away and I now have pain in my foot caused by shrinking tendons, damaging ligaments in my toes, and causing the second toe to fall into my large toe. My muscle strength has been destroyed by the shots and my arch has completely flattened causing pain in other areas of my foot and calf. I am now seeing an orthopedic who told me alcohol shots should never be done in the foot.

Have you found any case pending? Would you like to start/join one? Where do you live?
I am in NYC.

CA