My wife works all her life as a secretary. I was thinking she has get used on that position she has to take while she works. I guess I was thinking that is normal to her and not such a problem. Anyway, few days ago she suffers of strong thoracic back pain so she needed a doctor. He recommended her Botox, so I would like to know what is that.

The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin is often referred to by its product name Botox. That is a popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates some painful problems. Field of Botox’s work is helping with frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes and thick bands in the neck. Also, it is very helpful with severe thoracic back pain your wife suffers from. The toxin blocks the nerve impulses, temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles. In the same time it is giving the skin a smoother, more refreshed appearance. Studies have also suggested that Botox is effective in relieving migraine headaches. Also it helps with excessive sweating and muscle spasms in the neck and eyes. I believe this might help with thoracic back pain because causes of these pains are similar. Botox will relieve her pain and relax thoracic back muscles, which are probably in spasm.

I received Botox into the thoracic region of my back, it was great for 2 days then went to a horrible horrible debilitating pain that has been there every day for a year and a half. It is the worst unrelenting pain you could ever imagine. My advise would be to stay away from botox in the thoracic region of the back. The neurosurgeon I seen afterwards said that the botox damaged the brachial plexus as well as the nerve roots coming out of the spine. There is NOT enough fat in the back for the botox injections. I also had them in my legs with no problems and tons of relief. But I am suffering greatly for having it in my upper back.

My husband had a botox injection 3 weeks ago for thoracic Outlet Syndrone (TOS) in his brachial plexus up by his neck. He had relief for a couple of days and then it went into very very bad upper back pain. The pain the botox was suppose to block was in his hands/arms/shoulders and the pain in his back is so bad now that he doesn't even notice his other pains. Did you ever get any relief from your pain?