I am a 20 year old male and I have been having this problem for some time now. I first noticed it about two years ago. Basically, my problem is that when I drink small amounts of alcohol I have trouble getting an erection. I am talking about 3-6 drinks here. There have been numerous occasions where I have been with a girl, had a couple drinks beforehand, and then been unable to get an erection adequate for intercourse. Sometimes oral stimulation helps, sometimes it does nothing. In the event that I do manage to get an erection, it basically requires constant attention or it will quickly die. I have no problems when I'm sober, and masturbation is never a problem. Curiously enough, there have been times where I have been quite intoxicated and been able to attain an erection with no problem. I guess the easiest solution is to not drink, but it doesnt make sense that I would get "whiskey penis" when I am not even intoxicated...

As for my medical history, just before I turned 18 I had a an embolization to correct a varricocelle on my left testicle. I have thought that this might be part of the problem, but I don't know if the vein they block with the embolization has anything to do with blood that travels to the penis.

Also, a little over a year ago I was the victim of a testicular torsion. My right testicle had to be removed and replaced with an implant. I don't think this has anything to do with the problem because it first happened over a year before I had this operation.

I am a college student and my drinking habits reflect it. I drink 2-3 nights a week, usually pretty heavily. I smoke cigarettes from time to time, but not regularly. I also smoke marijuana a couple of times every week. I thought that might have something to do with the problem, but when I first noticed the problem I smoked once a month, if that. Oh, and I also work out very often, 5-7 days a week, mostly heavy lifting and no cardio. (I know, I know, my habits are kind of counter productive)

I am really at a loss here and just looking for any insight or advice.

slack off on the booze a little maybe .its acting as a sedative.